So I took the girl I have made, and tried to do a skipping cycle for her movement, except skipping is not something I do too often myself. So after skipping around the house for about 10 minutes I thought I understood how skipping worked. I was wrong. a few hours later of being mad at my animation, I looked up skipping videos on youtube and found out that most people think skipping is done with a rope and used for fitness. So eventually I had to film a friend skipping along and watch it over and over so I could work it out properly. I have got it to a starting point I am happy with now. but my conclusion is this; sometimes Google, Youtube, Digital Tutors and the internet will fail you and you have to improvise to get your animations working. That is when it gets really fun and interesting, and one of the things I like about animation so much. working out how to do something outside tutorials is rewarding and can be really challenging.
Oh. My. Goodness. I just had so much fun working out controllers for eyes. <– please not that is sarcasm. I found this cool video on digital tutors that gave some good info. Until what they did created a dependency loop and I realised they where using the 2010 version of Max. maybe that had something to do with it, but it worked for them and I had to spend 20 minutes working out how to remove the dependency loop and get the eye controllers working properly.
the problem was this, I used position constraint on a spline to position it between other splines, which I then had to attach to it. loop created…well attempted to anyway. so to remove the position constraint meant deleting a modifier after I found out it had added one, as well as deleting the constraint locks for each object in the hierarchy list. then I had to position the object normally so the attaching worked, which was the most important part.
yet somehow this worked for him on an older version of max…so confusing -_-
Working on a game has been fun, learning how to export files, how to get them to the right size and scale in particular. I searched all the places, and no one could explain my problem. Possibly because it is super obvious to everyone, or I am just really bad at wording things sometimes.
I was having trouble exporting from Max into Unity while keeping scale, turns out that because my system scale was set to Inches and theirs to Meters in Unity, it did not convert the scale, just say how many units it was. so if mine was say 56 inches high, when I saved it as an .FBX and took it across to Unity, instead of converting that to 1.5ish meters, it made it 56 meters and suddenly my TV made the house look tiny.
So, this is me, attempting to work out word press and start a new blog. seems interesting so far, some of it is pretty simple. especially compared to Joomla, but still trying to work it all out is tough. for now, I will just post this and a picture of something I have done myself.
This is how numbers where first come up with by Romans, the amount of corners in the number was its value. Whilst these where good when the typical thing written on was a piece of stone using a chisel, we have adapted them to circles for ease of writing with a pen or pencil.